5.4.09

Something a little different

I want to share this opinion/thoughtful prose piece published in the New York Times today. It's not the straight content of it so much as the emotional value of the question it asks - what is humanity's element?

I was glad to read that, because it's really the central issue in everything this blog deals with. How do we relate to the world, and what's our place in it? And, maybe more specifically - do we have to play by the rules, or have we legitimately overcome many of nature's limits?

I'm in danger of over-analyzing and over-questioning the piece, so I'll just leave it be. Just a final thought: more than anything, this is a struggle for humanity to find a way to be comfortable with itself. I think I'm starting to truly believe that.

No comments:

Post a Comment